Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cycle FIve, Day Three

Cancer is such an insidious disease.  Is that even a word?  I mean I look around me everyday I am here and see young people, young parents, middle aged parents, grand parents, even teens.

It doesn't  know any boundaries, it doesn't know race, or creed.  It doesn't care if you are Buddhist, Christian, or Muslim.  Whether you are rich or poor.  It just doesn't care.

I wish there was a way to have it leave the  young alone.  The children, the teens, the parents with young children.

I look at it this way, it is a hard enough thing for the family and friends to deal with but it is even harder if it is a child, young person or parent with young children.

It is hard on the older children, like the ages mine are, but mentally they are better equipped to deal with the mortality of human life.

Not sure exactly where I am going with this.  I am OK with the fact I have/had it, and need to deal with the chemo, but I wish there was some way to make it easier for others to deal with, not just my own family and friends, but people who feel lost.

Been feeling rather good this round of chemo, which I am very grateful for, but not in the "Holiday Spirit".  Maybe because the extra cash I would have had for shopping has been paid out for medical bills.  Who knows.  I do love shopping during the Christmas Season for others, I love seeing things I know they'd like and getting them, but I think most people do.  Just gotta watch the budget a bit closer this year.  No biggie.

Got to get a tree this weekend, and hopefully get some baking done, but it depend on how I feel.  If I feel like I do now, shouldn't be a problem, but come about noon time it will be nap time, chemo kinda tires you out the day you get it for a few hours.

At least it is the way it is with me.

Enough rambling and going on, so we'll see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment