Monday, December 5, 2011

Day One, Cycle Five

Actually if my white count was better last Monday I would have been doing this post then, but since my white count wasn't where the doc felt comfortable giving me the chemo it got put off for a week.

On my "10" day appointment, (you go in the office for a visit with the Nurse Practitioner and blood count) my immune system was in the tank.  That surprised the Nurse Practitioner, since I felt great, had good color.  I was put on this antibiotic for ten days to give my system a bit of support.

Come to think of it, I am surprised a bit myself since a couple of the guys weren't feeling good at work.  But what ever, I still felt great and made it through the cycle without going to the hospital.

Oh yeah, one thing I did was make a batch of orange vanilla cupcakes with pale pink and blue butter cream and heart cut outs of white fondant for Debbie (she is a friend and FANTASTIC nurse at Mary Washington, 4th floor)  Yes, she is PREGGERS!!!  I hope it is a girl.  She'll have two wonderful big brothers, and a Daddy every boy fear.  :D

Anyway back to this mess.  So my original schedule would put my third and final cycle the week of December 26, but the office is closed on the 26th for the holiday.  Which means this may drag into 2012, which doesn't thrill me a whole lot, but it is a quick way to meet my out of pocket expenses and deductibles (still have the $40 an office visit copay). 

I don't know, I guess I was hoping to start the new year off without chemo, but it is what it is, and I may end up doing chemo the first week of the new year.  Hell of a way to start the New Year, but oh well.  Just remember Valentine's Day 2011 I was starting chemo, so it really isn't a big deal.

Oh, I just thought of something.  It would be a hoot to go to a New Year's Eve party bald.   You know, get all dressed up and put a polish on the chrome dome. 

Yes, no hair again, hell last Monday I was at work, bored and I ran my hand through my hair and came out with a bit of hair, then I started plucking my hair, got a little pile on my desk, looked at it and said "Ew, that is such a gross thing to do!"  Swept the pile of hair into the trash can, and a few minutes later started it all over again. 

It was like when you have a spot that is a bit tender when you touch it, but you can't help touching it.  You know you should just leave it alone, but you just can't stop yourself.  An OCD thing maybe.  Like when you have a scab and one day start to pick at it, you can't help yourself once you start and it is super hard to stop yourself.  Yes, I am off my rocker a bit.

I am stuck here at the ski lodge (Hematology Oncology and Associates where I go for chemo looks like a ski lodge)

This is what I get to sit next to in the lobby.  When you walk in it feels like you are going to register for your room at the ski lodge.

In the back where you get your chemo, there are huge windows over looking a wooded area, you expect to see a lift.

Beautiful place, if  you have to get chemo may as well be somewhere that is pleasant.

Speaking of, Doc couldn't make up his mind whether he was going to hospitalize me for my chemo or keep doing it as an out patient.  Since I did so well during Cycle One, I am staying as an outpatient.

Today is my longest day of the cycle.  I won't get out of here till about 3.  Day one of the cycle is the longest.  Tomorrow it will be shorter by 1/2 hour, and the same for Wednesday.

Have to decide when and where to get the Christmas Tree, and what weekend I'll do the power baking.  Not the weekend of the 17th/18th. 

Oh well, feels like nap time so I am going to take a nap. 

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment