Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Adventures of Yondelis, the sea sponge chemo


Actually I finished cycle two.  The first cycle I thought I felt so crappy because of being exhausted.  Nope.  This time it kicked my ass.

I got hooked up on Thursday Oct.5, went home with my buddy the pump, felt ok, Friday felt normal.  Went about my day, got the pump taken off.

Got up Saturday, and felt a bit yucky, but wanted to check out Toastmasters.  You know push the comfort zone thing.  I didn't make it through the whole thing.

About 15 minutes after I got there, I started feeling dizzy, and nausea kicked in hard.  Went and sat in the refreshment room, downed some Zofran, still felt like crap.  As soon as I felt ok enough to drive home, I did.

I spent three day in bed.  If it weren't for the dogs, I would have just stayed in bed.  I would get up let them out, back to bed, get up feed them, back to bed.  And I had to really push myself to do that.  My body was beyond exhausted.  I was sipping water which just nauseated me.

When I did get up, I to let the girls out, I'd open a can of soup, drain the broth into a cup, warm it, sip it, and leave the cup and can on the counter.  Seriously disgusting for me. 

I'd wake up and say I have to get up; my body said like hell.  I'd fall back to sleep, just to be on the hamster wheel.  I finally felt ok enough to get to CVS and get some ginger ale (craving it like crazy), pedalyte, and Gatorade.  I was getting dehydrated. 

Finally able to keep fluids down, I started sipping as much as I could at one time.  Trying to increase it a little every time I took a couple of drinks.

I saw my doctor yesterday, we are going to stay the course with it.  After the third cycle, we'll see if the sarcomas are being kept in check or if they are spreading.  If they are in check, we will reduce the dose a bit to try to ease the side effects.

The joy I have to look forward to Oct. 26 or is it the 27th?

No comments:

Post a Comment