Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 3, Cycle 1, with a recap of yesterday

Well lets just say that I set my chemo treatment back a day.  Severe abdominal pain, bad enough to make my skin turn white, and drop my blood pressure to 50/76  (still running low 108/86 this AM).

After I logged off yesterday I literally stood up and the pain kicked in, I walked up to the nurse that was making coffee for the patients and told her I think I need help.  Then started seeing the stars knowing I was going to pass out.  Got back to my seat, and the staff kicked in.  Doc sent me to the ER, they were afraid that somehow I perforated my bowel.  Rather frightening.  I know I frightened many people, not only my family, but people I work with and the staff here. (Remember I said cancer is harder on the people around us)

But it just turns out that the alien growing in the abdomen is growing, and trying to push everything out of the way, more so than before.

No I wasn't admitted to the hospital, if I had been my chemo treatments would have to stop, and both the Doc and I agree that it needs to keep going.

Other that that, I really don't feel so chatty at the moment, so I am going to see if I can nap away my treatment time.

No comments:

Post a Comment