Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Good Day, A Good Week - Just talking about it

This wee really has been a good week looking back at it.  Nothing amazing happened, but it was filled with little simple things that made it good, normal every day things.

Monday was a quiet day, that is it.  Yeah, I get bored, but then I get over it, yes I get cabin fever, but at least I can get cabin fever.

Tuesday was my birthday.  Just surviving the surgeries and being alive was a great gift.  My co workers sent our Bosses (yes, plural) Warrant Officer, Branch Head, and Outside Plant Manager to my house with two birthday cards and and Edible Arrangements arrangement.  And it had chocolate covered strawberries.  It was yummy!!

Then Jasmine and I spent the afternoon walking through the Torpedo Factory.  It was a torpedo factory in the day, then it was converted into Artist Studios, lots of talented people with studios there.  Indian for dinner and home.  Great day.  No big party, don't need that simple enjoyable.  Those are the best.

Wednesday we stopped at Starbucks and had ice coffee with a blueberry muffin.  Nothing fancy, sat outside for a while, and talked.  Then we took a ride to Town Center so I could get my eyebrows threaded (they finally grew back and looked very Sicilian).  We stopped in a couple of stores and we saw some outfits I could really rock, but then I looked at the price, and went I don't think so.  And they were suppose to be on sale.  Leftovers for lunch, Jasmine went to work, and I had the last of my leftovers for dinner. 

No exciting adventure, just a simple day.

I'm tired, but that is because when I went to bed tired, I couldn't fall asleep till 1:30, sat up asking myself why I that some days.  Then I got up at 5:30.

You see, this was one of those days that was planned as a "long" day.  Jasmine's dog Riley had an appointment at 7 AM to be groomed.  (OK, now you are asking why I got up at 5:30.  Well, I had a head ache, so I got to sit and have coffee and Ibuprofen, then take a shower and get dressed.  Hey!   My eyelashes grew back!! Woo HOO!).  So we decided that after we dropped her off we would go out to breakfast, then stop at Lowe's.  (Had a coupon for Ihop, buy one get one free, can't beat that.)

So Riley got dropped off, Jasmine and I had a leisurely breakfast, then went over to Lowe's and I found an umbrella for the patio table that was marked down, and two chairs that matched.  So we get two chairs, the umbrella and base.  (Yes, it all fit in the car.)

We finish putting it in the car and Riley is done, go pick her up, get home unload the car, put the umbrella up on the table set the chairs up and before we know it, time to go to get my chest xray done before my doctor's appointment today.

The clerk at the imaging center said they were running an hour behind.  Great, I need to be at my doctor's at 11:00, it is 10.  Well, I need the xray before I go see him so we wait.  About 10:40 I call and tell them I am still waiting for the xray, then all of a sudden I am next.  Get the xray walk to the doctors office in the next building, and I am on time.  All I could think of was I hope the doctor is close to on time because they were having a picnic at work today and I'd like to stop by to see everyone.

The appointment went great.  He said he was amazed and thrilled at how well I am doing and I look great.  Much better than he thought I would.  He asked if I was getting a lot of pain from where the chest was cracked open, and I told him no, it is the incision where you spread my ribs that aches at times, I take Ibuprofen for it.  He wanted to be sure I had pain pills.  Yes, I have them, just don't like taking them unless I really need them.  That seemed to make him happier.  (I figure narcotics make you tired and slow you down, so why take them if you can solve the problem with Ibuprofen.)  AND THE BEST NEWS, he gave me the go ahead to go back to work part time until the abdominal surgery with Dr. Flynn.  It'll be probably two weeks, but hey I'll take it.

We even made the picnic and I got to see some of the folks I work with daily, got lots of hugs too.  A couple that were a little tight (tender ribs remember) but that is OK, they were genuinely happy to see me and know I am going to be back to work.

Tomorrow I get to go to the local Goodyear early and have them check the front end of the car again, and get tires.  So I'll be up early, make a swing by Starbucks and get a blueberry muffin, and go sit and wait for my car. 

Nothing thrilling, didn't win the lottery, just everyday stuff, simple stuff that reminds me how wonderful life can be if you look for the simple things.

Now take a step back, look at your day and pick one small thing that was simple and good.

1 comment:

  1. OK....I have to ask. What is involved with having your eyebrows 'threaded'? I just can't picture what procedure would go with a description like that that wouldn't hurt! LOL!

    BTW, today I'm sending a fawn kiss to make you feel better. I'm thinking if we work our way through the species here, perhaps one of them will do the trick!

    ReplyDelete