Monday, June 20, 2011

The Roller Coaster of Life Continues

Not whining today, although I will admit to being a bit tired.  Sleep hasn't been the easiest thing to get.  I'll be tired when  going to bed, get comfortable and then someone flips a switch and I am wide awake.  Two hours later I'll be asleep, then up again in a couple of hours.  Never mind the getting up to pee.  Did you know that staying hydrated you pee a lot?  ALL flipping day and night?

Well there is a third tumor.  Found out about it last week.  I was stunned to say the least.  I could have cried, but didn't.  It is on the  right side in between the pectoral muscles. Major and minor I think.  Kind of tuned that out. 

I am a bit apprehensive about this one, in 2003 the sarcoma was on my left hamstring muscle.  They removed the hamstring to get the tumor, granted the tumor was larger than a basket ball, but it was attached to the muscle, and I am just not up to maybe losing the pec muscle, major or minor.

But at the moment it is small and doc says he can get it going through the right arm pit, but that will have to wait until after the abdominal surgery, which will be in about two to three weeks.

LOL!  A third tumor, my body's birthday present to me.

Life continues and I still deal with day to day things like having the sway bar on the car replaced, and having to get tires. Dealing with the IRS.  Arguing with the mechanic that they still haven't taken care of the clunk when you turn the wheel. Oh and getting the plates renewed, and the yearly safety inspection.  The repair shop wants me to drop the car off for the clunk and tires, I told them no, it is the only transportation I have and I am not walking back home, so one day I'll show up when they open, and wait.  have no choice.  Not to mention paying bills, medical and the normal life bills.  Digging through past payments to one of the medical places and getting copies of the payments made to prove they are wrong.

Six months ago all that with the car would have been stressing me out more than anyone could imagine, add the IRS to it and I would have needed Valium or something.  Now, I just deal with it. 

Funny how some things get put into a different light by other things that are happening in life.

So take sometime today, take a deep breath, relax and spend an hour or so doing something you enjoy or find relaxing. 

It all boils down to this, shit happens.  Sometimes it is a little shit, sometimes it is a lot of shit, sometimes it seems like unending shit, but if you let it the shit will have you ripping your hair out and send you to an early grave. 

So vent get it out, let it go, and find time for yourself to recharge.  And right now I am going to recharge by sitting on the deck, listening to the birds and sounds of the neighborhood, including the sounds of a functional base doing practice maneuvers.  (Yep, the boys on base are playing with the boom booms.)

2 comments:

  1. I suppose having various body parts removed bit by bit IS a way to lose weight....not one's first choice. I'm scrapping for a silver lining here. (I should probably keep looking, huh? LOL!)

    I'm sorry they found yet another tumor hiding out but glad it's small and easier to deal with than the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always a siliver lining Mac.

    They found it before it got any bigger, and when they did my chances of having to wear a bag was one out of four, depending on how involved it was.

    But things turned out ok. :D

    ReplyDelete