Friday, February 8, 2013

Day Four - TGIF

Didn't make it to work this AM, the nausea was nasty.  Took a second dose of Compazine and Zofran an it didn't help.  Went back to bed until I had to get up to get ready to show up for chemo.

TGIF.  Last treatment for the week.  The port will be de accessed and I will have two weeks to recover before the next cycle.  I was hoping for three, but I heard the nurse wrong.

I think the chemo is hitting a little harder/faster this time.  Which stands to reason.  I think.  I am already at the point where I want this done and over with, and it is only week one.  I need to work on my patience.

I don't know how I am going to keep it together for another 5 cycles, then surgery.  How am I going to do it?  Everyone tells me I am a pillar of strength, someone with courage.  I keep telling them I am only human, and trying to face this with as much grace and dignity as I can.  Trust me, there are days that it is really difficult.  I don't want to let people down.

I don't want to let my kids, friends and family down.  That would be the worst thing I could do.

I can't lose my sense of humor, I have to keep it sharp, but on days like today it is difficult.

Maybe Pannera potato soup today while the nausea is at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment