Tuesday, February 19, 2013

No Lemon Slices for the Tea, and a moment of your time please

Nope, can't have any fresh fruit, or veggies.  So basically it all has to be nuked, cooked and dead.

I can't stand the coffee here, so I switch to tea with lemon.  Yeah no lemon.  Huh.  But they do have Mandarin Orange Slices on the menu, every time I ask for them I hear, you are not allowed fresh fruits or vegetables, I say they aren't fresh, they are canned.  They check and I get my Mandarin Oranges.

Now, I like them but it isn't so much so I can have the orange slices, it is so I can pour the syrup into the tea, which helps make it a little more tolerable since I can't have my lemon.  Yeah, I eat the oranges too.

Not sure exactly when I will get out of here, the infectious disease doctor thinks I may be able to go home soon, (he didn't define soon) but I'd have to be on antibiotics.  He was thinking oral, but since I have a port, he is of the IV preference.  Yeah, IV antibiotics at home, but he also said something about keeping me till Friday, he would talk to Dr. King and Vaughn.  Friday?? Is he out of his freaking mind?  But I am still waiting to hear from the surgeon and Dr. Vaughn.  And the consensus of the platelet issue. Hurry up and wait.

Now, I'd like to ask a huge favor from everyone.  My kid sister was diagnosed with breast cancer.  The doctor said it was early, which is a good thing.  She is terrified. The final diagnosis of the type won't be back until the biopsy comes back Friday.  He told her she would probably do surgery, radiation, but nothing is solid yet.  She is on her way to another doctor's appointment right now, she'll call me when she gets done.

I can't explain why cancer doesn't frighten me.  I don't know  how to explain it.  I know the word frightens her.

So if you would please, light a candle for her, say a prayer, send her healing thoughts.  She needs the strength.  She is scared.  Right now she is my bratty little sister who used to be a real pain at times, but she is scared and moral support is what she needs.

And if you know of any breast cancer links for help, support, whatever, I will be happy to pass them along.

No comments:

Post a Comment